It’s that time of year again. The air conditioner has been off all summer long and now the heat is starting to creep in causing everyone to complain about how hot it is. While you may notice your house getting hotter, likely you haven’t noticed anything mechanically wrong with your AC unit. That being said, there are several warning signs that you should be aware of, which may indicate a serious problem.
Symptoms that mean it’s time to call an AC repair in Leonard, MI:
1) Leaking Coolant – This is typically the most common sign that you have a leak in your system and needs to be repaired as soon as possible. In addition, if it is leaking the coolant may be pooling in places it shouldn’t occur in your basement.
2) A Strange Smell – If you start to notice a strange smell coming from the vents, this is typically an issue with moisture. This could trap bacteria and mildew inside which can lead to health issues.
3) Water Puddle Under Unit – One of the first signs that you leak your unit is if water begins to pool underneath it. This could also be due to condensation being formed on the exterior of the unit, which is not an actual leak
4) Loud Sounds – If you begin to hear loud sounds coming from your AC, this could mean the bearings are failing and need to be replaced. Call the best AC repair in Rochester Hills, MI to determine and resolve the sound issue in your system.
5) Frequent Service Call – One of the best ways to tell if your AC is failing is through regularly scheduled maintenance check-ups. If you are getting more service calls than normal this could mean that there is a larger problem developing.
6) Restricted Air Flow – If you feel that the air coming from the vents isn’t as cool as it used to be, this could mean that there is debris around the fan blades. It also might signify that you have dust building up on the outside unit which restricts airflow and results in lower cooling performance.
If you notice any of these problems, give Total Heating, Cooling & Electrical a call immediately. Don’t put off calling them because you think that they will try to sell you on a whole new system. For transparent services and prices, call us at 248-973-6503 for more information.