Although winter is a great time to snuggle up in front of the fire, it can also be expensive if you’re not careful. Heating your home account for a significant portion of your monthly energy bill, so proper heating maintenance in Leonard, MI is key. Here are seven tips to help keep your family comfortable all winter long.
- Get your furnace serviced. Before winter really sets in, it’s a good idea to have your furnace serviced by a professional. This will ensure that it’s operating efficiently and won’t break down when you need it most.
- Change your furnace filter often. A fresh filter will help your furnace run more competently and may even extend its lifespan.
- Don’t close off unused rooms. It may be tempting to just shut the door to an unused room to save on heat, but this can actually make your furnace work harder.
- Use a programmable thermostat. A programmable thermostat will help you save money by allowing you to set specific times for your furnace to turn on and off.
- Utilize space heaters sensibly. If you have to utilize a space heater, be sure to keep it away from flammable objects and turn it off when you leave the room.
- Seal any drafts. Drafty windows and doors can let precious heat escape from your home. Use weatherstripping or caulk to seal any gaps.
- Insulate your home. Proper insulation will help keep the heat in, saving you money on your energy bills.
By following these simple tips, you can help keep your home comfortable and your energy bills low this winter. For more information on heating maintenance or heating repair in Leonard, MI, contact the experts at Total Heating, Cooling & Electrical.
We are also experienced in providing emergency heating services in Rochester Hills, MI, and surrounding areas. When you need us, we’ll be there!