If you’re like most people, your home wouldn’t be the same without air conditioning. Unfortunately, even the best air conditioners can develop problems. If you’re having issues with your air conditioner, it’s important to know what to look for and how to fix them. In this latest guide, we’ll cover 10 common air conditioner issues and how to spot them. We’ll also provide tips on how to fix these issues yourself or have them fixed by a professional. So, if you’re experiencing any of the following problems with your AC unit, read on!
10 Common Air Conditioner Issues and How to Spot Them
- Not enough cool air: If your air conditioner isn’t blowing out enough cool air, the issue could be with the evaporator coil or the condenser. Both of these parts need to be clean in order for your AC to function properly. You can clean them yourself or hire a professional to do it for you.
- Fan isn’t working: If the fan on your air conditioner isn’t working, the issue could be with the fan motor or capacitor. You’ll need to hire a professional to diagnose and fix the problem.
- Noisy AC unit: If your AC unit is making strange noises, it could be due to a loose part or something caught in the fan blades. Inspect the unit yourself or hire a professional to do it for you.
- Water leakage: If you notice water leakage around your AC unit, it could be due to a clogged condensate drain line. Inspect the drain line and clear any debris that might be causing the blockage.
- Thermostat issues: If your AC unit isn’t cooling your home evenly, it could be due to an issue with your thermostat. You’ll need to hire a professional to diagnose and fix the problem.
- Frozen evaporator coils: Ice build-up on the evaporator coils is usually caused by low refrigerant levels. You’ll need to hire a professional to add more refrigerant and fix any leaks in the system.
- Dirty air filter: It is well known that a cloudy or dusty air filter can limit airflow and source your AC unit to work tougher than essential, leading to higher energy bills and reduced efficiency. Inspect your air filter every month and replace it as needed.
- Clogged drain line: A clogged drain line can cause water leakage around your AC unit. Inspect the drain line and clear any debris that might be causing the blockage.
- Malfunctioning compressor: The compressor is one of the most important parts of your AC unit, so if it’s not working properly, you’ll need to hire a professional to diagnose and fix the problem.
- Outdoor unit is dirty: Over time, dirt and debris can build up on your outdoor AC unit, affecting its performance. Clean your outdoor unit regularly with a hose or pressure washer; however, don’t use chemicals, as they can damage the fins on the unit.
Schedule An Appointment With Leonard, MI AC Repair Professionals
If you live in Leonard, MI and your air conditioner are having any of these common issues, it is best to call a professional for help. The professionals at Total Heating, Cooling & Electrical will be able to diagnose the problem and make the necessary repairs. We have been providing quality AC repair in Leonard, MI for several years. Schedule an appointment today at (248) 969-9100!